Monday, June 21, 2010

How long does mascara really last? When should you buy a new one?

When you buy it and open it, USE it.


People say three months, but I have used mascara for as long as it took to finish.


Make sure that you SMELL your mascara wand when you first buy it. There's a certain smell to it (depends on the brand). Once this smell CHANGES, after x amount of months, throw it out IMMEDIATELY.





Why do I hold onto my mascara for that long? When you spend $30 on a mascara, you want to get every mileage out of it.


However, when in doubt, throw it out.





Only use ONE mascara at a time. If you got free samples of mascara, keep them in your fridge to prolong them.





Don't pump your mascara wand to get more product: it puts air into it and makes more bacteria.


Instead, twirl the wand around the inside of the tube to get more product.





I have used mascara everyday, and really used up the tube between 3-6 months, depending on the formulation.





However, if you have sensitive eyes or wear contacts, DO throw them out after 3-4 months.How long does mascara really last? When should you buy a new one?
I replace mine every 3 months or when it irritates my eyes. They will start to itch and I know it is time for a new one. I use Ultimate mascara by Mary Kay it is awesome.How long does mascara really last? When should you buy a new one?
My eye doctor says 3 months.
half a year
I have heard from several different sources to replace mascara about every 3 months. Part of the need to replace it is bacteria like the other have said but it also starts to dry up after so long even if you keep it closed good and tight. I usually replace mine about this time also because it starts taking longer to apply it and it doesn't make my eye lashes look as pretty as it did when the mascara was new. I hope this helps.


Good luck!!!
every 4 months. After that it gets hard and doesn't apply as well.
no more than 6 months, bacteria starts to grow in it
It depends on how often you use it. 3 months if you use it all the time, and 4-5 months if you use it less often.
I think I heard on Oprah that 3 to six months for most make up period.
6 months for all the liquid make ups and 12 months for all the dry make ups.
It really depends on how much you spend. When I was spending $30 on mascara, I used it as long as possible. Now that I wear maybelline (volum' express- works GREAT), I replace it every month!!!!!
You should really replace mascara every 3 months or so because bacteria can build up inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting