Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why does my smearproof, waterproof mascara still end up under my eyes?

It drives me crazy to find mascara under my eyes at the end of the day. I'm very careful not to touch my eyes, because I wear contacts.Why does my smearproof, waterproof mascara still end up under my eyes?
This happens when you have oily eyelids, as well as the area of skin right under your eyes. I have this too! A great way to avoid it is to do a little prepping BEFORE the mascara. (Trust me, I've mastered this after being blessed with the same problem! Haha).





First, try an eye primer (yes, an eye primer!) to even out the color and oil production around your eyes. A great one is Lemon Aid by Benefit. Then, apply an oil absorbing powder, if you use one. Use waterproof eyeliner (liquid works best... try MAC's Fluidline) and waterproof mascara. Try to find a mascara that doesn't need a lot to look good, such as a good volumizing and lengthening one by Bourjois or Yves Saint Laurent. If you have a slip-up or two through-out the day, just go to the bathroom and wipe under your bottom eyelashes with a Q-tip.Why does my smearproof, waterproof mascara still end up under my eyes?
you must have really inset eyes
Even the good brands will do this sometimes. You might try just putting it on your TOP lashes and see how you look. I put eyeliner and mascara only on top, it looks just as good (I have big eyes anyway) and no more black under the eyes!
You need to spend a little more and get a good brand.
Have you tried a different mascara? I find that some of the cheaper brands are great, such as Wet 'n' Wild. Surprisingly, they don't smudge at all!





My recommendation:


Try dusting translucent powder underneath your eyeliner/mascara. It'll keep the natural oils of your face from making your mascara/eyeliner run! I hope this helped!
Maybe you cry too much. The water resistance can only handle so much. Take some antidepressents to solve your mascara problems.
You could tend to have oily skin or get warm easily and kind of sweat--those are my problems. Try the good old Maybeline waterproof mascara.
It is crappy mascara.LOL
I know what you mean. I've tried all sorts of brands and have switched my eyeliner from pencil to liquid to powder and gel and I still get that black smudge below my lower lashes. I started applying my bare minerals foundation under my eyes in the morning, however, and it pretty much keeps my eye make up in place as much as I could hope for.
I know the feeling! Mascara should stay in place all day. I have been using Cover Girl's Remarkable washable waterproof mascara (the purple tube) for years, and it works great! Unless I cry, or it's raining. It washes off good at the end of the day too.
At the end of the day your maskara always comes off! It's makup, and makup always comes off now or later.
try a different brand
i use covergirl fantastic lash waterproof. this stuff is amazing. i've been using it now for about 4 years... since it came out. it looks amazing, isn't too expensive, and doesn't smudge easily. it's such a pain in the butt to take it off with soap and water. use actual makeup remover for it. if i don't technically take it off with remover, this stuff will last for days. i love it. i have about 3 tubes right now. 2 water proof (one black and one black/brown) and 1 regular (nonwaterproof). i will use this stuff as long as they manufactor it.
because you may use some eye creams or lotion or something oily stuffs under your eyes. or You may close your eyes often. So your eyelashes have more contact with the skin under your eyes and start making friends. Most waterproof mascaras last only 8 hours top. Lancome waterproof mascara is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting