Thursday, December 3, 2009

Do you glue on fake eyelashes before applying mascara or after?

With fake eyelashes I would not even use mascara. But if I did would say after because after you would get it all over the fake ones.Do you glue on fake eyelashes before applying mascara or after?
What's the point of the fake eyelashes if you use mascara on top of them??Do you glue on fake eyelashes before applying mascara or after?
i usually put on mascara after i put on the lashes, but sometimes i don't even bother with mascara.
I've done it both ways.


I prefer to put them on before the mascara because I find it's easier to get the fake lashes closer to my real lash line when my eye lashes don't have mascara on them.


Once you put on your falsies take a look in the mirror and see if you really need even need mascara after all.


If you decide you need mascara then put a light coat on gently and try to avoid getting mascara on the fake lashes as it can dirty them and make them look clumpy.
Before, you then use a bit of mascara to make the real and fake eyelashes blend together.
BEFORE YOU PUT ON MASCARA
It is best to apply fake lashes after applying a light coat of mascara to your natural lashes so they blend in with the fake lashes.





Tip: Apply glue to the fake lashes first then apply them. Begin putting the lashes on from the outside corner to the inside of lash line.





Tip: To aid in a great application use tweezers, and gently push the fake lashes as close to your natural lashes. Use your finger tips to help too.
Before, so the false eyelashes get the mascara too.
Yes after false lashes are appled... in fact, mascara should be one of the close to last portion of doing makeup. But do make sure that your lashes, are fully ';in place'; before doing mascara. you can even do a little (very gently) ';tug'; test on your lashes to make sure they're secure.
Actually, I have done it both ways depending on the false lashes. Here's why:





If the false lashes are super thick and full, I have skipped the mascara altogether. But only once the real lashes are curled and hold their shape. Some will, some won't.





If the lashes are lighter and more natural looking, I have put them on AFTER using mascara on my own lashes. I find that after curling my own lashes and setting them with mascara I get a better result once the fakes are on. I don't like it when I can see real lashes poking straight out from the fakes.





I have been told that putting mascara on afterward is best and brings the two together for a more ';natural'; look; but, unless you're good at it, I just find it looks like you've got a whole lot of make up on rather than looking like your own lashes. Avoid the Tammy Faye look.





Personally, I say try both ways and see which works best for you. The above is my preference based on practise. But your experience might be different. My best tip is to use a good surgical glue such as Duo and don't be stingy with it!





False lashes do take practise. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
website hosting